08 Apr Can Creative Writing be Learnt?
Can Creative Writing be Learnt?
Can someone learn to be a creative writer, or is it a natural talent we are born with? This has been a question that all writers have asked themselves from the beginning of the first books and poetry began to show up. For some, it is as easy as just sitting down and putting pen to paper, and the words seem to flow easily from start to finish of the article, poem or book they are working on. For others, not so much. Even the natural wordsmith has to do some studying and reflection while giving their subject creation. True, it is easier for some people with fertile imaginations and a need to get their adventures on paper and into the public arena for others to enjoy. There are several Creative Writing Courses around to help.
How Some People Write Brilliantly and Make Their Mark:
- People who have a natural talent for crafting a story or well-turned poem can make their mark easier because writing is a talent for them. Writing a brilliant, engaging story comes easily to a fertile imagination. Poetry is another that a creative person can be known for with published anthologies, contests, and books.
- The part of the secret besides knowing words and using them is determination and a good exposure through websites, winning literary contests and possibly getting a publisher who will take care of the marketing for you. The word has to get out there somehow and short of having an interested publisher, you have to market yourself and your works.
Can Creative Writing Be Learned?
- There is no one answer for this question. If one is determined and studies and practices then there is a chance you can learn creative writing and become quite good at it. It will take considerably more time than if you already have a natural talent to exploit. Take classes, write, find a new vocabulary to use and put it into practice. Write using your learned vocabulary, and keep practicing and learning new things to add to your experiences as a writer.
Creative Writing Courses
- Take Content Writing Courses at a University or Night Classes in your area
- If you have the opportunity to take classes, by all means, do it! Journalism, Creative Writing, Storytelling, Writing, in general, are all good choices for you to embark on learning to be a creative writer. There are several creative writing course in India and also several content writing courses in India.
- Practice as much as you can, enter contests, and write every chance you get to improve your abilities. Read everything you can that is in the area of interest you have and model your writings after what you have learned.
There is no yes or no answer when it comes to learning creative writing, a lot depends on your willingness to approach the subject with determination and the willingness to learn and practice. Can everyone learn? I don’t think everyone is meant to be a creative writer. Some are meant to write, some are meant to read what is written. Determination and focus have a lot to do with your path and enjoying the pen and paper isn’t for just everyone straight away.